SPS Immigration Seeks Associate
Excel as an Attorney in a fast-paced and friendly boutique business immigration law firm that works from the basic principle that every client deserves informed, efficient, yet individualized representation. The position includes managing a diverse caseload which includes Hs, Ls, TNs, Os, EB-1s, J waivers, NIWs, PNIWs, PERMs, and AOS for a variety of clients; training and overseeing the work of paralegals in a collegial manner; managing client relationships; and participating in aspects of firm management as well as business development. We seek an experienced business immigration attorney who is compassionate, solution-oriented, committed to being the best lawyer he or she can be, adept at handling a high volume of multifaceted cases, and skilled at promptly distilling complex legal concepts into clear, understandable, and practical advice. Full-time position. To apply for this position, send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls or walk-ins.
- Handle high case volume, including the preparation of well-documented, accurate, and approvable non-immigrant visa and permanent residency filings;
- Strategize with various clients on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa options for employees, including timing, risk assessment, and costs;
- Oversee and send fast, accurate, and easily understandable responses to clients on both legal and practical case questions;
- Manage multiple client accounts – from calls with HR contacts to providing counsel on all aspects of the client’s immigration needs; and
- Assist clients in establishing immigration structure and policies, which includes counseling on best practices and educating the managers/recruiters who are involved in the immigration process.
- MN State Bar Admission and 2-3 years of business immigration experience in a similar role;
- Direct, hands on experience on various NIV and IV petitions, including PERM;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in a team-based approach to legal work and client service;
- Ability to quickly and accurately respond to client emails using clear and concise language; and
- Passion for immigration law and policy, and serving our immigration community.