SPS Immigration PLLC (www.spsimmigration.com) is seeking a part time Law Clerk for the 2021-22 academic year to immediately join our professional and collegial law office located in Uptown, Minnesota. Candidate must be a responsible, hardworking individual who is passionate about immigration and dedicated to the international clients we serve. This position will be responsible for research, writing, and client work related to various aspects of U.S. Employment-based immigration law.
- Must be currently enrolled in Law School
- Must be detail-oriented, with superior analytical, writing, research, and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with competing demands.
- Must have a proactive, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Must demonstrate eagerness, curiosity and an engaged approach to work.
The Law Clerk will provide support to the firm’s Attorneys with immigration law cases including:
- Conduct legal research, prepare legal memoranda, liaise with clients and government agencies, draft correspondence, immigration forms, and other legal documents.
- Maintain client files, utilize computerized case management system for each assigned client, and provide other case management, as needed.
- Keep abreast of current developments in immigration law, and practice law in full compliance with the rules of professional responsibility and ethics.
SPS Immigration PLLC is headed by a recognized immigration law expert representing healthcare professionals, scientists, researchers, international managers, investors, artists/entertainers and other professionals. We also represent individuals in family-based immigration matters and United States citizenship.
To apply for this position, email a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls or walk-ins.
Job Type: Part-time