In an unexpected development, the Department of State issued a revised bulletin on September 25, 2015. The new Visa Bulletin changes the filing eligibility dates that were to become effective on October 1, 2015, and many individuals who would have been able to file adjustment of status applications will no longer be able to do so.
Under the revised Visa Bulletin, individuals from India, China, Mexico, and the Philippines are directly affected. Individuals from those countries now must meet the following revised cut-offs to be able to file adjustment of status applications beginning on October 1, 2015.
– EB-2 India: July 1, 2009 (from July 1, 2011)
– EB-2 China: January 1, 2013 (from May 1, 2014)
– EB-3 Philippines: January 1, 2010 (from January 1, 2015)
– FB-1 Mexico: April 1, 1995 (from July 1, 1995)
– FB-3 Mexico: May 1, 1995 (from October 1, 1996)
The remaining employment-based and family-based cut-offs from the previous version of the Visa Bulletin remain the same. If you have questions about how the revised Visa Bulletin may affect you, please contact SPS Immigration PLLC.